For Dentists, Dental Anesthesiologists, Dental Sedation Nurses, Dental Hygienists.
Learn and review current pharmacological and sedation concepts as well as the pharmacology of several common sedation medications, antiemetics, and cardiovascular medications.
ADA/CERP credit available for all states.
CE credits are accepted by the Academy of General Dentists for fellowship/mastership credit.
- Review of sedation skills.
- Discuss the goals of sedation.
- Discuss anesthesia standards of care.
- Anesthesia documentation and paperwork requirements.
- Discuss the continuum of sedation.
- Discuss the pharmacology of common sedation medications, cardiovascular medications, antiemetics, and a reversal agent.
- Compare and contrast various sedation agents.
- Discuss Co-Sedation.
- Designed for Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Sedation Nurses who participate and care for sedation patients in a dental office environment.
- The student will begin by a review of sedation skills, medications, and techniques as taught by a Dentists and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
- The student will realize the importance and responsibilities of patient care under sedation while outside of the operating room surgical suite.
- The student will explore the proper documentation of a sedation anesthetic.
- The student will be able to detail the similarities and differences of various sedation medications.
- The student will review and learn details of the cardiovascular system and medications used to treat variabilities in heart rate and blood pressure.
- The student will be able to select and provide antiemetic medications.
- The student will learn about co-sedation and the careful titration of anesthetic medications.
Refund Policy: All sales are final. If unable to attend a registered course, credit will be applied toward one of our upcoming courses.
Dynamic Dental Educators is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Dynamic Dental Educators designates the listed activities continuing education credits after each course title.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between Dynamic Dental Educators and Sedation Consult, LLC.