For Dentists, Dental Anesthesiologists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Therapists, & Dental Assistants.
ADA/CERP credit available for all states.
- Designed for Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Therapists, and Dental Assistants who participate and care for sedation patients in a dental office environment.
- Sponsored by Sedation Consult and co-sponsored by Saint Louis University Center for Advanced Dental Education
- Created by Columbia, Missouri Dentist and, Department of Periodontics, CADE Assistant Professor Allan Schwartz, DDS, CRNA
- Course is a 4-part online self-paced series; 4 one-hour lectures with a 10-question required exam per lecture.
- Medications Covered: Oxygen; Albuterol; Inhaled Spirits of Ammonia; Atropine; Ephedrine; Epinephrine; Aspirin; Nitroglycerin; Sugar/Glucose; Diphenhydramine; Solu-Cortef; Diazepam/Midazolam
- Learning Objectives:
- Discuss why a dentist should stock emergency medications and should learn responses to medical emergencies
- List some common medications found in proprietary and custom dental emergency kits
- Learn when to use these medications
- Review the physiology of how these medications work
- Learn the routes of administration to administer these common emergency medications to patients
- Develop a, “Quick & Dirty Cheat Sheet” for your dental office emergency area
- Develop a reminder to check on the expiration dates on your emergency medication storage area.
Refund Policy: All sales are final.
Dynamic Dental Educators is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Dynamic Dental Educators designates the listed activities continuing education credits after each course title.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between Dynamic Dental Educators and Sedation Consult, LLC.
top of page
bottom of page