For Dentists and Dental Anesthesiologist.
Qualifies as a Fundamental subject course for Minnesota Dentists.
Learn about 12 of the most common medical emergencies that could occur in a dental office.
You will learn:
- Algorithms to aid you and your staff during an urgency or emergency.
- What medications could be used from your emergency drug kit with the appropriate emergency.
- The proper mixing and dosing of emergency drugs from your emergency drug kit.
- How to carry out periodic safety emergency drills for your office.
- How to be perform an ADA Safety Check for your entire office
- How to properly document the emergency drills you are performing to better care for your patients
1. General emergency response protocol
2. Hypotension / Hypertension
4. Acute airway obstruction
5. Cardiopulmonary arrest
6. Allergic reaction to drugs (acute allergic reaction)
7. Angina pectoris; possible myocardial infarction
8. Emesis/ aspiration of vomitus
9. Convulsions and seizures
12. Asthma/ bronchospasm
Required 40 Question Examination; Required score of > 75% to pass.
ADA/CERP credit available for all states.
MANAGEMENT OF MEDICAL EMERGENCIES
Management of medical emergencies is any course pertaining to the following: familiarity with the critical steps in prevention, preparation, early recognition, and appropriate management of common medical emergencies in the dental office; familiarity with the strategy for evaluating the medical history of all patients in a dental office; and/or accessing community and office resources necessary for medical emergencies. BLS does not qualify for credit as a core.
Refund Policy: All sales are final.
Dynamic Dental Educators is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Dynamic Dental Educators designates the listed activities continuing education credits after each course title.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between Dynamic Dental Educators and Sedation Consult, LLC.