Students will explore the concepts necessary to monitor a sedated patient. This informative and fascinating lecture will explain what you need to know to get comfortable with sedated patients and deal with any possible common Anesthesia Medical Emergencies you may see in the dental office or even out in the public. Tailored for the Florida Board of Dentistry Sedation Rules as of August 2019, covering the anesthesia aspects of patient care.
$365.00 for Florida Dentists
$345.00 for Florida Dental Hygienists
$295.00 for Florida Dental Assistants
Hours: Sedation Consult, LLC/Dynamic Dental Educators designates this activity for 10 continuing education credits.
Compliant with Florida rules.
Florida Board of Dentistry Approved CE Provider #50-557
ADA/CERP credit and AGD PACE credit available for all states.
Students will explore the concepts necessary to monitor a sedated patient. This informative and fascinating lecture will explain what you need to know to get comfortable with sedated patients and deal with any possible common Anesthesia Medical Emergencies you may see in the dental office or even out in the public. Missouri Dental Board approved course covering the anesthesia aspects of patient care.
1. Identify patient requirements for sedation.
2. Discuss the continuum of anesthesia and the depth of sedation.
3. Discuss the essentials of paperwork
4. Identify the difference between assault and battery.
5. Discuss consents for anesthesia and surgery.
6. Discuss assignment of ASA physical status and classifications.
7. Identify facility requirements for sedation and necessary equipment.
8. Identify the five critical patient vital signs.
9. Discuss the physiology and importance of the five critical patient vital signs.
10. Identify normal patient vital signs.
11. Discuss the basic anatomy of the heart.
12. Introduce the Electrocardiogram (EKG).
13. Identify abnormal patient vital signs.
14. Identify vital signs of concern.
15. Identify normal and abnormal dysrhythmias.
16. Discuss non-mechanical and mechanical assessment of patient vital signs.
17. Discuss the rules of good patient monitoring.
18. Discuss monitoring a child versus an adult.
19. Discuss drug pharmacokinetics versus pharmacodynamics.
20. Discuss assessment of patient position and skin status.
21. Discuss venous thromboembolism
22. Discuss documentation of patient vital signs (the anesthesia record) and the automatic
recording of anesthesia data.
23. Discuss Nitrous Oxide and Guedel’s Planes of Anesthesia.
24. Discuss patient recovery and discharge after anesthesia
25. Discuss and demonstrate basic “what to do” with abnormal vital signs.
26. Discuss dental office emergency protocols.
27. Continued discussion of required Florida Dental Office Emergencies.
Refund Policy: All sales are final.
Our courses do not require prior knowledge of a topic. Each course is written to present general knowledge of a subject. The content of our courses contains no advertising or solicitation of products or services and is free from commercial influence.
Our Online continuing education courses are meant for instructional and re-licensing purposes. Limited information is provided as an overview of the subject matter and potential risks exist when attempting to incorporate techniques or procedures using limited knowledge and without supervised clinical experience. This course is not intended to be a comprehensive or an authoritative source.
Our course content is unbiased and free from commercial influence. Everyone involved with the development of this course have no conflict of interest and have no financial relationships with the content of this course.
Statement Revised May/2019 Expires May/2022
Dynamic Dental Educators is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Dynamic Dental Educators designates the listed activities continuing education credits after each course title.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between Dynamic Dental Educators and Sedation Consult, LLC.
Dynamic Dental Educators is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 11/1/2017 to 10/31/2021. Provider ID #300115.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the Academy of General Dentistry Program Approval for Continuing Education (PACE) through the joint program provider approval of Dynamic Dental Educators and Sedation Consult, LLC. Dynamic Dental Educators is approved for awarding FAGD/MAGD credit.
Florida Dental Hygienists
Florida Dental Assistants
NOTE: Files will be furnished in Adobe Reader format. If you do not have Adobe Reader on your computer, please click on the Adobe Logo for the free download.
Refund Policy: All sales are final. If unable to attend a registered course, credit will be applied toward one of our upcoming courses.
Essentials of Monitoring Exam